encrypted password

Claudia Fong

I have two textboxes in my webform for the user to login with their
username and password.

Is it possible to encrypt the password that the user input? For example
if the user input a 6 characters password and I can generate the key
below:

1E-5C-7F-BB-BB-F0-AA-10-56-A3-26-4C-6A-74-9E-B9

Cheers!

Claudi

Patrice

Your best bet would be likely to use https for this form..

The idea is that if an attacker can intercept the password, it is likely he
will be able to intercept the client side code that done the encryption
(being then able to decrypt this password).

Patrice

Ah ! I thought you wanted to do some kind of client side encryption...
See the other response if server side encryption...