enterprise application versus enterprise system

jrefactors

I always heard people saying enterprise application (large-scale
business application), but I never heard people say enterprise system.
Are they the same? or they are different? My understanding is that
enterprise system consists more than 1 enterprise applications.
pleae advise. thanks!!

Jack Klein

I always heard people saying enterprise application (large-scale
business application), but I never heard people say enterprise system.
Are they the same? or they are different? My understanding is that
enterprise system consists more than 1 enterprise applications.
pleae advise. thanks!!

I can't seem to find anything in this post that pertains to the C++
programming language. In the future, leave comp.lang.c++ off your
cross-post list.

Tom Dyess

I always heard people saying enterprise application (large-scale
business application), but I never heard people say enterprise system.
Are they the same? or they are different? My understanding is that
enterprise system consists more than 1 enterprise applications.
pleae advise. thanks!!

I suppose it depends on who you are talking to. Jargon/nomenclature has been
mangled so much that it could mean anything. Personally, I would think of an
enterprise application just as you mentioned, but an enterprise system would
include the hardware/networking/communications aspect of it as well; the
whole shebang.