Error after replace gridview

David C

I replaced a GridView with a DataList so I could get multiple columns and
now I am getting the error

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using
<pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this
feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate
from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid
and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method
in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

The other thing I noticed is that when I double-clicked a Button control in
the DataList to get the click event code, it did not add the Handles... at
the end of the top line of the Sub. Any ideas why this is occurring?
Thanks.

David

Guest

[...]

Do you have any client script on this page?

[...]

Yes, but I did before I added the DataList and got no error.

David

David C

Mark Rae said:
I must be missing something, because that statement makes no sense at
all...

I meant multiple items accross the page.

Button1 Button2 Button3
Button4 Button5 etc

David

Guest

Do you have any client script on this page?

Yes, but I did before I added the DataList and got no error.

David- Hide quoted text -

If you google you see, this is very common issue

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...lidation+is+enabled+using&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g5g-m2

Maybe this is something similar to the following topic

http://telligent.com/communities/te...rner_archive_read_only_1/f/159/t/1016293.aspx

Try to disable scripts and see what happens. If it helps, check what
scripts do on the page.