Error loading modules

Discussion in 'Python' started by BL, Nov 4, 2008.

  1. BL

    BL Guest

    I am very new to python. I am installing it as part of a bazzar
    version control installation.
    I have installed the Crypto, paramiko and cElementTree modules. I am
    running Solaris10x86.
    When testing the modules I get the following results.

    python -c "import Crypto"
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
    ImportError: No module named Crypto

    Here is the path setups and the modules have been verified to be in
    those directories.
    Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May 16 2007, 19:39:00)
    [GCC 3.4.6] on sunos5
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.['', '/usr/local/lib/python25.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5', '/usr/
    local/lib/python2.5/plat-sunos5', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/lib-tk', '/
    usr/local/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-
    packages']

    Any assistance would be appreciated

    BL, Nov 4, 2008

  2. BL

    John Machin Guest

    What is "the Crypto module"? What is the path to the directory in
    which you installed it? Do you mean one of crypto [case matters],
    pycrypto, pyCrypto, M2Crypto, ...?

    John Machin, Nov 5, 2008

  3. BL

    BL Guest

    pyCrypto is the module I installed. The directory it is installed in
    is
    /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages - there is one directory
    called
    Crytpo and two other files called pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5.egg-info and
    pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5-solaris-2.10-i86pc.egg.

    The directions to check the installation of the python modules said
    execute python -c "import Crypto"

    BL, Nov 5, 2008
  4. BL

    John Machin Guest

    or pycrypto??? What URL did you download it from?
    There are *THREE* apparent typos there ("...rytpo" instead of
    "...rypto"). Do please check what you type. Did you by any chance
    type
    python -c "import Crytpo"
    originally? Were your "following results" obtained by copy/paste or by
    typing it all in yourself?

    What is in the .../site-packages/Crypto directory?

    John Machin, Nov 5, 2008
  5. The easiest way to debug such import problems is by telling
    Python to be verbose:

    python -vv -c "import some_module"

    The generated output will then list all the locations where
    Python looks for the module and is often handy to track
    down reasons for Python not being able to load a module.

    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Nov 06 2008)________________________________________________________________________