Error loading modules

BL

I am very new to python. I am installing it as part of a bazzar
version control installation.
I have installed the Crypto, paramiko and cElementTree modules. I am
running Solaris10x86.
When testing the modules I get the following results.

python -c "import Crypto"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named Crypto

Here is the path setups and the modules have been verified to be in
those directories.
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May 16 2007, 19:39:00)
[GCC 3.4.6] on sunos5
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.['', '/usr/local/lib/python25.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5', '/usr/
local/lib/python2.5/plat-sunos5', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/lib-tk', '/
usr/local/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-
packages']

Any assistance would be appreciated

John Machin

I am very new to python.  I am installing it as part of a bazzar
version control installation.
I have installed the Crypto, paramiko and cElementTree modules.  I am
running Solaris10x86.
When testing the modules I get the following results.

 python -c "import Crypto"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named Crypto

What is "the Crypto module"? What is the path to the directory in
which you installed it? Do you mean one of crypto [case matters],
pycrypto, pyCrypto, M2Crypto, ...?

BL

I am very new to python.  I am installing it as part of a bazzar
version control installation.
I have installed the Crypto, paramiko and cElementTree modules.  I am
running Solaris10x86.
When testing the modules I get the following results.
 python -c "import Crypto"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named Crypto

What is "the Crypto module"? What is the path to the directory in
which you installed it? Do you mean one of crypto [case matters],
pycrypto, pyCrypto, M2Crypto, ...?

pyCrypto is the module I installed. The directory it is installed in
is
/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages - there is one directory
called
Crytpo and two other files called pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5.egg-info and
pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5-solaris-2.10-i86pc.egg.

The directions to check the installation of the python modules said
execute python -c "import Crypto"

John Machin

What is "the Crypto module"? What is the path to the directory in
which you installed it? Do you mean one of crypto [case matters],
pycrypto, pyCrypto, M2Crypto, ...?

pyCrypto is the module I installed.

or pycrypto??? What URL did you download it from?
 The directory it is installed in
is
/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages  - there is one directory
called
Crytpo and two other files called  pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5.egg-info and
pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5-solaris-2.10-i86pc.egg.

There are *THREE* apparent typos there ("...rytpo" instead of
"...rypto"). Do please check what you type. Did you by any chance
type
python -c "import Crytpo"
originally? Were your "following results" obtained by copy/paste or by
typing it all in yourself?

What is in the .../site-packages/Crypto directory?

M.-A. Lemburg

The easiest way to debug such import problems is by telling
Python to be verbose:

python -vv -c "import some_module"

The generated output will then list all the locations where
Python looks for the module and is often handy to track
down reasons for Python not being able to load a module.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Nov 06 2008)________________________________________________________________________