Error messages not complete

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tshad, Aug 4, 2006.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I am getting the following error message when an error happens with
    debug=false.

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\staffingworkshop\administration\passwordsRolesAdmin1.ascx

    Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException:
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\staffingworkshop\administration\passwordsRolesAdmin1.ascx

    Source Error:
    The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown
    when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below
    steps, then request the URL:

    1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the
    error. Example:

    If I set the system to go to the Application_Error function in my
    Global.asax, I get the following:

    Source: System.Web
    Message:
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\staffingworkshop\administration\passwordsRolesAdmin1.ascx
    Stack Trace:
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
    at
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledType(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.UserControlParser.GetCompiledUserControlType(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath)
    at ASP.passwordsRolesAdmin_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

    Where is the "System.IO.FileNotFoundException" that was in the other error
    page?

    I am getting the message like so:

    ErrorString &= "Source: " & exception.Source& vbCrLf & _
    "Message: " & exception.Message& vbCrLf & _
    "Stack Trace: " & vbCrLf & exception.StackTrace & vbCrLf &
    vbCrLf

    Is the Exception Details "System.IO.FileNotFoundException" stored somewhere
    else?

    I assume it is somewhere or else where did MS get it?

    This message doesn't really tell me anything.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Aug 4, 2006