Error when creating a new Web Service

Guest

I have an application which runs in our development enviroment which is
Windows Server 2003 with the DOT.NET 1.1 framework. OUr production eviroment
is W2K Server with SP4. We have other ASP.NET applications and web services
running on the same server wich are running perfectly fine, it is only this
new one I am trying to place into production. When attempting to bring up a
page on the application in production I get he following error:

An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle
failed with error -2147023888).

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: An error occurred while try to
load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888).

I have checked the permissions of the ASP.NEt account and it has the
impersonate user and create global objects set correctly as outlined in
Service Bulletin 821546.

It has Read/Write/Dir rights set the same as all the other applications on
the server.

Does anyone have any ideas on how best to resolve this?

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

can you web service write a simple file and read that simple file from the
folder where the error is occuring? that is your next step. Alternatively,
you may want to output the WHOAMI text into the file. This piece of text
simply writes out the process that the account is running under. You can get
it from windows principle user (i think)

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ www.lulu.com/owc
Forth-coming VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley 2006

Guest

Thank You for the response Alvin.
I tried as you suggested and the creation of the file failed. I then went
through the web.config file again and found that there was an entry in the
system.web section for identity impersonate="true". There is not reason for
this to be in the application, si i removed this and everything works fine. I
asked the other developers about the entry and one admitted he had put it in
while experimenting with the Enterprise Libray from Microsoft.