Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server

VB Programmer

I have both Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 on my machine.

When running a project in Debug mode in 2003 I get this error:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server

I've already run "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" and "iisreset" and rebooted but it
still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks!

BXA

Joined
Dec 4, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
.Net Framework

I know this thread is old, but I was having the same problem. The first line actually helped me solve it.

"I have both Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 on my machine."

So do I. So it occured to me, VS2005 uses ASP.Net 2.0. Under the IIS tab, right click your web project and go to properties. Under the asp.net tab, change the asp version from 2.0 to 1.1.

This solved my problem.

Thanks