    Please help me.
    thanks ,
    Hemant

    Hemant, Oct 6, 2009

  2. Please look also in MSDN

    Error: Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dwesw3ee.aspx

    Hope this helps

    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 6, 2009

  3. Hemant

    Hemant Guest

    thanks for your reply.
    one more error : i am getting
    Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") is 0.0.0.0 while i am running my
    project without the IIS .
    thanks
    Hemant

    Hemant, Oct 6, 2009
  4. Sorry, what do you mean "without IIS"?

    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 6, 2009
  5. This means that you are using built-in ASP.NET Development Server for
    testing and running your web site. The ASP.NET Development Server
    configured by default when you create a new project in Visual Studio.
    1231 is a port number, which can be changed in project properties
    (right click on project in Solution Explorer). Since you are on
    Development Server you can't use http://localhost/abc.com/default.aspx
    by default, because it is usually refers to IIS. You should go to IIS,
    setup a new site, point its directory to your project and change
    default web server in the solution properties to IIS. After that you
    will be able to debug your project running on IIS.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    Alexey Smirnov, Nov 19, 2009
  6. Hemant

    Hemant Guest

    Hi,
    Thanks Alexey for your reply.
    I have done this .
    I have configure IIS for my website but when i click on browse option on IIS
    it give me the error
    'Page cannot be found'
    I have check the path and start page of the website.
    so I have to run my application with port number.
    On my machine iis version is 5.1
    I have three application one is running correctly without port number but
    other two are not .
    for these two the error is Page Cannot be found;

    Thanks,
    Hemant

    Hemant, Nov 19, 2009
  7. The 'Page cannot be found' error can refer to that fact that IIS is
    starting default page like "default.htm", "default.asp" that you have
    not on your site. For instance, did you try to run http://localhost/default..aspx
    (with the name of existing page on your site)? To get more about
    particular error you can look in IIS log, or Windows Events Log.

    Alexey Smirnov, Nov 26, 2009