Unable to start debugging on the web server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by thecameleon06, Aug 31, 2006.

  1. I am working on an ASP.Net project which for some historico-technical
    reasons isn't run locally but directly on the web server.

    It works ok, but whereas I was at some point after struggling for
    months able to debug on the web server, I can't anymore.

    Here's the message :

    "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the
    web server. You do not have privileges to debug the web server process.
    Contact an Administrator to get the debug privileges on the server. You
    may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in
    the online documentation."

    The remote debugger has been installed on the remote machine, my login
    is both in Administrators and in debugger Users and still I get kicked
    back with bloody error messages. I have been searching the net over and
    over and although I found different references to my error messages,
    none of the solutions provided seem to work for me. Can any generous
    developer deliver me from these persistent troubles that imped me from
    sleeping :)

    Alex MANGUER
    ..Net Developer

    thecameleon06, Aug 31, 2006

  2. thecameleon06

    offwhite Guest

    Look at the event long on your server. Maybe you hare having FullTrust
    and Code Access Security issues. The log may give you the information
    you need to fix your problem.

    Brennan Stehling
    http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/

    offwhite, Aug 31, 2006