error with IDLE on debian

altern

Hi

when i try to run IDLE on my debian laptop I get this error.

$ idle
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/idle", line 5, in ?
main()
File "idlelib/PyShell.py", line 1359, in main
File "idlelib/FileList.py", line 44, in new
File "idlelib/PyShell.py", line 105, in __init__
File "idlelib/EditorWindow.py", line 111, in __init__
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 2764, in __init__
Widget.__init__(self, master, 'text', cnf, kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1865, in __init__
self.tk.call(
_tkinter.TclError: expected integer but got "`100"

I am not sure about what could cause the problem because I didnt use my
laptop for python programming for couple of weeks. Before that it worked
fine. And on that period i might have installed few things.

I am running Debian unstable with python 2.2.4, tcl8.4, tk8.4, python-tk
24.4-1 and IDLE 2.4.4-2. I already tried to reinstall IDLE, tk and tcl
and python-tk but that did not solve anything, i keep getting the same
error.

any ideas?

thanks

enrike

johnzenger

Just a guess, but I think you need to be using at least Python 2.4 if
you are going to use IDLE version 2.4.4-2.