Event. Is this possible?

shapper

Hello,

I am creating a TemplatePagerField at runtime by implementing the
ITemplate. For that I use the following class:

Public Class WebPagerTemplate
Implements ITemplate

On the page where I am adding the DataPager I also have the
following:

Private Sub MyPager_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
EventArgs) Handles MyPager.Init

Dim MyPagerTemplateField As New TemplatePagerField
AddHandler MyPagerTemplateField.PagerCommand, AddressOf
MyPagerTemplateField_PagerCommand
MyPagerTemplateField.PagerTemplate = New WebPagerTemplate

End Sub

And the following:

Private Sub MyPagerTemplateField_PagerCommand(ByVal sender As
Object, ByVal e As DataPagerCommandEventArgs)

End Sub

My question is:

Is it possible (and advisable) to move the implementation of the event
MyPagerTemplateField_PagerCommand to the class that implements the
item template, i.e, WebPagerTemplate.

How can I do this?

Thanks,

Miguel