Events in server controls

I am Sam

I need to write a composite control where a click event in the
parent(container) class fires an event in a child control. How is this
possible? ie clicking a button in the parent control performs an action on a
child control.

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

you could access the child control in button's click event? Or if it's
something internal in the child control, it should be informed somehow that
the Click occurred, maybe it could wire up to an event of the parent control
which the parent exposes publicly?

I am Sam

The solution is very simple really. You can for example write the following:
ImageButton someImageButton=new ImageButton();
someImageButton.Click += new ImageClickEventHandler(ImageButton_Click);
this.Controls.Add(someImageButton);
}

protected void ImageButton_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e)
{
do something..;
}

within your custom control. You only want to bubble events when you want to
expose your event in the containing page.