Excel Report using ASP.NET

Rajesh

Hi,

Please help me to do an EXCEL report generation using ASP.NET.
I am building an website. This should work in all machine.
I need do load the data from SQL tables to excel sheet and user can
modify the data in the excel sheet. Then i need to get the data from
modified excel sheet and generate the graphical Chart.

But the machine need not installed MS EXCEL application. At the same
time the automated excel sheet should work in any machine that do not
have specific component installed and also Microsoft Excel.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rajesh

Mark Rae

Please help me to do an EXCEL report generation using ASP.NET.
I am building an website. This should work in all machine.
I need do load the data from SQL tables to excel sheet and user can
modify the data in the excel sheet. Then i need to get the data from
modified excel sheet and generate the graphical Chart.

But the machine need not installed MS EXCEL application. At the same
time the automated excel sheet should work in any machine that do not
have specific component installed and also Microsoft Excel.

Two ways:

1) Use the XML file format:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...52-3547-420a-a412-00a2662442d9&displaylang=en
This is completely free, but most definitely not for the faint-hearted...

2) Use Aspose:
http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Cells/Default.aspx
This is not free, but is extremely simple to use

Don't even think about server-side Office automation - there's a good chance
it won't work, and Microsoft don't support it:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

Guest

I need do load the data from SQL tables to excel sheet and user can
modify the data in the excel sheet.
excel sheet should work in any machine that do not
have specific component installed and also Microsoft Excel.

You want to open a file on the client in the application that is not
installed. It's not possible.

I would consider another way. Why do you need to load anything on a
client? Your goal is to make a chart, based on an user input. Therefor
I would create an editable datagrid, bind data to a datagrid, collect
an input and generate a chart. No Excel.

Rajesh

You want to open a file on the client in the application that is not
installed. It's not possible.

I would consider another way. Why do you need to load anything on a
client? Your goal is to make a chart, based on an user input. Therefor
I would create an editable datagrid, bind data to a datagrid, collect
an input and generate a chart. NoExcel.

Hi Smirnov,

thanks for ypur reply.

Can you tell me how to do that.

My requirement is: I need to load the table data to editable sheet and
get the modified data to create a Graphical chart.

is it possible to do without using the excel sheet. If then please let
me know how to do that.

regards,
Rajesh

Guest

Hi Smirnov,

thanks for ypur reply.

Can you tell me how to do that.

My requirement is: I need to load the table data to editable sheet and
get the modified data to create a Graphical chart.

is it possible to do without using the excel sheet. If then please let
me know how to do that.

regards,
Rajesh

Check the Quick Start samples:
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quicks...ms/ctrlref/webctrl/datagrid/doc_datagrid.aspx

#1 Edit per row
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quicks...ms/ctrlref/webctrl/datagrid/VB/datagrid6.aspx

#2 Edit all rows
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quicks...s/ctrlref/webctrl/datagrid/VB/datagrid13.aspx

More about datagrid
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=editable+datagrid+asp.net

More about charting
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=chart+asp.net

You could open an existing Excel file and modify it as an ADO.NET data
source:
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...14d90e974e5/571439ff12d7473d#571439ff12d7473d

Or here are some other ways to create Excel output:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExcelExport.aspx

Here's a free control that can help with Excel output (and Word, PowerPoint,
and WordPerfect output):
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExportPanel.aspx

And here are a couple good 3rd party products that can make your chores
easy:
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/AsposeExcel.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/OfficeWriter.aspx