.Exe with Visual Studio 6.0 (C++)

GiovanniCR

Hi, how can I compile an executable file from my work to carry me and
install over all pc I want?
Is a setting's problem?
Do you have a link to a site with a simple tutorial?
I'm new of this...

Thanks!!!

Stuart Redmann

GiovanniCR said:
Hi, how can I compile an executable file from my work to carry me and
install over all pc I want?

This really depends on what libraries your application needs. The
classic libraries that most applications compiled with Visual C use are
CRT and MFC. Both can be linked as static libraries. This way the size
of the resulting binary will increase, but you need to deploy only one
binary. Google for "static linking" and "Visual C" and you'll get lots
of information of how to do this.
I'm new of this...

I see. As a regular reader of this newsgroup you'd have noticed that
your question is a little bit off-topic here and should better be asked
in microsoft.public.vc.language. Especially the deployment of
dynamically linked MFC arises many questions, which would be completely
off-topic here.

Regards,
Stuart

GiovanniCR