Executing python script in non-interactive mode on cygwin (windows)

Pankaj

I am facing a very basic problem as any new bie would face.

I know perl and now i want to use python

In perl, it is very simple , just
"perl scriptname.pl"
will execute the script.

But i think python is worse than perl

It takes to interactive mode , which i don;t want to use.

"python scriptname.py"
does not execute python script

It was, i don't know executing it or not.

1. I placed these contents in a file named "1.py"
a,b=0,1
n=5
while n<=0:
print b
a=b
b=a+b
n=n-1
print n

Then

2.
on "cygwin shell in windows"
i gave "python 1.py"

hoping that it will exeucte and give me output, but nothing was
printed

Does python not support teh non-interactive mode of execution

I have the manuals and they dont' specify this thing anywhere. they
tell use "python -c filename"

Please help.
A newbie's request.

Pankaj
i gav

Fredrik Lundh

Pankaj said:
[...]

not sure about Perl, but in Python, five is not less than or equal
to zero.

maybe you meant to write:

n=5
while n >= 0:

?

</F>

Sybren Stuvel

Pankaj enlightened us with:
But i think python is worse than perl

No it isn't.
It takes to interactive mode , which i don;t want to use.

Then don't use it.
"python scriptname.py"
does not execute python script

Yes it does.
1. I placed these contents in a file named "1.py"
a,b=0,1
n=5
while n<=0:

Which is immediately false.
on "cygwin shell in windows"
i gave "python 1.py"

hoping that it will exeucte and give me output, but nothing was
printed

Which is correct for your program.

Sybren