Explicit Localization Syntax - One Works, Other Does Not

Guest

We have created two (2) global resource files in App_GlobalResouces:
Global.resx
Global.es-MX.resx

In an ASP.NET page, we use two different syntaxes to set text on the page,
depending upon the context.
Syntax 1: <% =Resources.Global.QuickSearch%>
Syntax 2: <%$Resources:Global, QuickSearch%>

When we set our Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture and
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("es-MX"), those
controls using syntax 1 display Spanish, but those displaying syntax 2 still
display English.

To create the Global.es-MX.resx file, we copied the Global.resx and modified
the text. All of the keys are present. Also because of this, we thought if
it were a key issue, then how is the English text being found?

Any ideas on what we're doing wrong?

Chris Walls

I thought I posted this with my MSDN user ID which I thought meant I should
get a response from an MS Enginner within a few business days...