Export to Excel > 65000 Rows

hangar18

Hi,

We are exporting data from a grid view to excel using the standard
Response.Content type etc...

But we would like to create new worksheets in case there are more than
65000 rows.

I know that in my webserver, MS Office is not installed.

I am looking at the option of using Office Web Components.

My question is:-

Is there any other way which this can be acheived?

Thanks

- Soni

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer - MVP\)

The row limit is still in effect. You can certainly split the report over
two or more workbooks, but the amount on a single workbook is the same.

How to do it? I would look at third party controls personally. Software
Artisans (www.softartisans.com) has a component callled OfficeWriter for
Excel that is nice and rather fast. I have not played with it in recent
years, but it is where I would personally look if I were doing this now.

There are some UI Grids that include export to excel. Some that come to mind
are Syncfusion's Essential Grid and Telerik's RAD Grid. I would imagine
Infragistics, Component One, Component Art and Dev Express all have the same
feature. You would have to ask the company(s) how they handle more than
65,000 rows or download trial versions and play.

ZSvedic

Hi,

We are exporting data from a grid view to excel using the standard
Response.Content type etc...

But we would like to create new worksheets in case there are more than
65000 rows.

I know that in my webserver, MS Office is not installed.

I am looking  at the option of using Office Web Components.

My question is:-

Is there any other way which this can be acheived?

Thanks

- Soni

Hi,

My recommendation is to use XLSX file format, OpenXML is
largely replacing old XLS and has support for 16 million rows.
You have my article with simple XLSX export code here:
http://www.gemboxsoftware.com/Excel2007/DemoApp.htm

You can read XLSX files with Excel 2003 and older
using Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en

If you need more advanced stuff, we have GemBox.Spreadsheet
component which supports borders, colors, print settings etc.:
http://www.gemboxsoftware.com/GBSpreadsheet.htm

Hope I helped,

--Zeljko

rote

Have you taught of using SSIS(Sql server integrated Services)
That could help alot.
Patrick