Export to Excel Conversion Problem

Guest

Hi,
I have a page that exports a datagrid into Excel. It all works fine but
when opening the file in Excel around row 70 all of the cells with numbers
are viewed as text, I get the little green chevron in the corner of the cell
to convert them to numbers but my end users are having problems. They use
the excel file in other programs that are expecting these cells to contain
numbers. If I run the stored procedure which grabs the data and cut and
paste it from Query Analyzer into Excel all of the cells are correctly
numeric.

Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!