    storing the extra information in the user profile.

    Thanks for any help provided.

    Rob

    Guest, Jan 5, 2006

    P. Wills Guest

    P. Wills, Jan 5, 2006

    Guest Guest

    It depends on what your goals are. Adding to Profile is a simple mechanism
    for additional data. It requires very little in the way of customization and
    makes the info easily available for the web application. This may not be
    where you want to store this type of data; if not, it is a non-solution.

    If this does not fit, making a new provider derived from the default (to
    inherit what you already have) is a great option.

    Think of the following questions:
    1. What are you trying to accomplish?
    2. Why?

    The how is normally dictated by the answers above.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    ***************************

    Guest, Jan 5, 2006

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for your response Gregory.

    I simply want to capture additional user information when a new user
    registers with our web site. The plan is to use the CreateUserWizard control
    on a register page with the additional fields and then write these values
    somewhere in the db.

    Rob

    Guest, Jan 5, 2006

    Guest Guest