Externally Add Items to ASP.NET Cache

Guest

Is there a way to externally add items to ASP.NET's data cache?

Any sort of APIs in .NET? I have a Windows forms program which may need to
add some items.

Or I guess I could just call a webpage. Hmm.

George Ter-Saakov

You can not do it externally simply because those things are running in 2
different processes.
the best way would be create a WebService that your Windows forms call.

george

Guest

You can use the Cache directly from a non-ASP.NET program with a
reference to System.Web and then:

System.Web.HttpRuntime.Cache

Will this reference the same data cache as ASP.NET - even tho both run in
different processes?

Thanks.