extra ! in body after sendmail

Guest

Hello!

I have narrowed down my problem to the following:

When the string (the body of the message) is emailed, exclamation marks are
randomly added throughout the string.

The same string has no such problem when viewed directly before it goes out.

I read a few articles about this problem from other people. However, I read
nothing about what may be causing it or how to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

-Bahman