Failed installing Win32::DirSize on Windows XP

MoshiachNow

Hi,
Tried installing the Win32::DirSize module on my Windows XP using CPAN-
-failed due to lack of C-compiler.
When searching for it using ppm - it does not seem to find it.

Could anybody advise ?
Thanks

Sisyphus

Christian Winter said:
For Perl 5.8.7 (AS Perl build 813) it's there, but for the older
5.8.3 (build 809) it's missing from the repository.
Doing "repos add BdP http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm"
within ppm should help you (and provide some more packages
that the original ActiveState repository is missing).
(At this point: thanks to J-L Morel for saving us quite a bit
of compiling work).

HTH
-Chris

According to http://ppm.activestate.com/BuildStatus/5.8-W.html version 1.13
failed to build for ActiveState. If you click on the "FAIL" link you'll find
the reason being:

Can't open perl script "Makefile.PL": No such file or directory

There's something odd about that distro. If you go to
http://search.cpan.org/~arich/Win32-DirSize-1.13/ there's no mention there
of anything other than a readme and a pm file. Normally there would be a
link to the Manifest and the Makefile.PL (among others). Perhaps that has
somehow led to the ActiveState automated build procedure failing to find the
Makefile.PL (which is definitely present in the distro).

Weird ...

Cheers,
Rob