faq link problem?

Jim Ley

Hi

When I clicked on this link " W3 DOM FAQ http://www.w3.org/DOM/faq " in Section
2.9 of the FAQ in NN7 all I got was the style sheet.

You must have some pretty odd accept headers, the does
content-negotiated XHTML/XML/HTML formats, at a guess, you're using an
clueless browser like mozilla which prefers XML it's not got a clue
how to render to HTML.

Get a better browser, or tweak your Accept headers to something more
appropriate.

There's a bugzilla bug about this somewhere.

Jim.

phil newcombe

Thanks.

I'm using NN7.02 right now, I've tried 7.1 and Mozilla but they both
seemed to act funny wint W98.

If NN7 likes xml that's OK with me 'cause I was just thinking last night
that you don't learn to fix Model T's if you want to be a mechanic so I
figure xml is where the future's going - HTML is going the other way.

So, anyway, to show you how much I know - can I tweak my accept headers
in NN7? a prefs file?

phil n

Janwillem Borleffs

Jim Ley said:
You must have some pretty odd accept headers, the does
content-negotiated XHTML/XML/HTML formats, at a guess, you're using an
clueless browser like mozilla which prefers XML it's not got a clue
how to render to HTML.

Get a better browser, or tweak your Accept headers to something more
appropriate.

A more convenient solution would be to print the correct link in the faq:
http://www.w3.org/DOM/faq.html

JW

Janwillem Borleffs

Jim Ley said:
That is not the correct link though, that's the link to the HTML
representation, why should I link to that when users of non-HTML
browsers might want to view the page?

Non-HTML browsers?

JW

Jim Ley

Non-HTML browsers?

There's a number of WML only browsers available and at least one which
is XHTML only. As well as UA's such as Batik which are SVG specific.

(the WML and SVG don't currently have representations of the DOM faq
though)

Jim.