FastInfoset and Web Services

au714

I'm taking a look at Sun's JWSDP 1.6, to check the FastInfoset support
and consider using this technology in a document/literal Web Service.

I have read that FI is integrated into JWDSP and easily
enabled/disabled by the client (it is disabled by default).

The FI manual that comes with the JWSDP
(http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.6/jaxrpc/fastinfoset/manual.html)
discusses enabling FI from the client.

The flavor of this discussion (enabling FI compression from the client)
seems RPC based. There is a discussion of enabling a property on a
stub (sounds like RPC), enabling a property on an instance of Call
(javax.soap.rpc.Call), or setting a System property via -D on the JVM
command line (this part does not necessarily sound like RPC).

This leads to my question:

Does the "magic" of FI integration in JWSDP work "seamlessly" behind
the scenes for a document/literal Web Service? Or perhaps it only
works for a RPC style Web Service?

FGB