FedEx, UPS, & DHL raw shipping data files for my shopping cart?

Fernie

Hello,

I've just created a shopping cart and now I'd like to calculate shipping on
the fly. I've spent all day trying to get my hands on simple raw data (csv
or tab delimitted) but no luck. The closest I came to was user formatted
stuff at the following URLs:

http://www.fedex.com/us/rates/zone/

The link above allows you to determine the shipping zone. You can then look
up the cost by weight and zone at the following URL:

http://www.fedex.com/us/rates/downloads/?link=2

If I use that data, I will have to manually format it before it can be
efficiently accessed by my cgi application.

I spent several hours today talking to FedEx and DHL representatives and I
got nowhere as far as being able to download raw data that I can use. Maybe
I was unlucky and spoke to the wrong representatives. They kept directing
me to the user formatted stuff like that above.

Does anyone know if these shipping companies will provide you with simple
raw csv to tab delimitted data?

Regards,

Fernie

Fernie

I just realized that I babbled on and on. In a nutshell, I'd like to know
if raw zone and rate files are available and if so, who I'd contact to get
them. The urls in my prior message were given to me by a FedEx technical
support representative. I tried to explain that I wanted unformatted data
in csv or tab delimitted format to no avail.

If you have any comments or suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks

WindAndWaves

Fernie said:
I just realized that I babbled on and on. In a nutshell, I'd like to know
if raw zone and rate files are available and if so, who I'd contact to get
them. The urls in my prior message were given to me by a FedEx technical
support representative. I tried to explain that I wanted unformatted data
in csv or tab delimitted format to no avail.

If you have any comments or suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks
http://www.atozedsoftware.com

I reckon you just need to keep at it with these companies - you just need to
find a geek with access to the database that can tell you how to tap into
it... Having said that, I rate your chances very low as the bigger the
beast, the slower it moves.

Maybe, instead, you can try to break down the html page. I have recently
done so with a big site and it is amazing how easy to can get the data out
using a bit of stripping and parsing.

If you like to know more on how I do it then let me know.

- Nicolaas

Fernie

WindAndWaves said:
I reckon you just need to keep at it with these companies - you just need
find a geek with access to the database that can tell you how to tap into
it... Having said that, I rate your chances very low as the bigger the
beast, the slower it moves.

Maybe, instead, you can try to break down the html page. I have recently
done so with a big site and it is amazing how easy to can get the data out
using a bit of stripping and parsing.

If you like to know more on how I do it then let me know.

- Nicolaas

Nicolaas,

I had hoped to find raw unformatted data so that any updates would be easy
but I guess that the only option available to me is to work with what has
been provided.

Thanks for responding,

Fernie