Feedback The Number of Characters Entered Into Textarea?

Peter Rilling

Looks like the article already talks you through how to implement that
feature. You can only do that in JavaScript. Is there a problem
implementing their code in your site?

clintonG

Hello Peter,

I attempted to implement using several strategies. The feedback won't
function. I think it may be due to the value of the gnarly name attribute
generated by the ASP.NET control tree. I've got to sleep on it tonight...

<%= Clinton Gallagher

Peter Rilling said:
Looks like the article already talks you through how to implement that
feature. You can only do that in JavaScript. Is there a problem
implementing their code in your site?

clintonG said:
I'm wondering if anybody has figured out how to implement this feedback
methodology [1] which displays [ x ] Characters Remaining when using the
TextBox TextMode="MultiLine" attribute which will cause the TextBox to be
output as a textarea element.

I have my constraints worked out. Its the feedback I am interested in
implementing.

<%= Clinton Gallagher

[1]
http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/javascript/form/limit-characters.html

Peter Rilling

The name of a control as seen by IE usually never changes (unless it is
dynamic). You could, in IE, view the html source and use the name provided
as your reference, or you could dynamically generate the JavaScript and use
the ClientID property of .NET to output the correct reference when
generating the JavaScript.

clintonG said:
I'm wondering if anybody has figured out how to implement this feedback
methodology [1] which displays [ x ] Characters Remaining when using the
TextBox TextMode="MultiLine" attribute which will cause the TextBox to
be output as a textarea element.

I have my constraints worked out. Its the feedback I am interested in
implementing.

<%= Clinton Gallagher

[1]
http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/javascript/form/limit-characters.html

clintonG

I'm going to try using the control's ID today...

<%= Clinton Gallagher

Peter Rilling said:
Looks like the article already talks you through how to implement that
feature. You can only do that in JavaScript. Is there a problem
implementing their code in your site?

message I'm wondering if anybody has figured out how to implement this feedback