File I/O with Godaddy

Christopher M.

What's the most popular method for reading files hosted on Godaddy sites?

I'm putting together a company web site and I want to create a page that
displays an employee's contact information.

I have the free Godaddy hosting (no PHP).

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Jonathan N. Little

Christopher said:
What's the most popular method for reading files hosted on Godaddy sites?

I'm putting together a company web site and I want to create a page that
displays an employee's contact information.

I have the free Godaddy hosting (no PHP).

Not good, you're options are basically zero if you mean
"reading files" as a scripted include. Advise you find hosting WITH PHP
support.

http://www.google.com/search?q=free+PHP+hosting

SAZ

What's the most popular method for reading files hosted on Godaddy sites?

I'm putting together a company web site and I want to create a page that
displays an employee's contact information.

I have the free Godaddy hosting (no PHP).

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

No other way to say it, because it's been repeated ad nauseum - Any
business that can't afford $5/month for paid hosting should not be
called a business, but rather a hobby. Free hosting means you're not
really serious about conducting business.

That said, you need PHP, so get a paid hosting solution.

P E Schoen

"SAZ" wrote in message
"Christopher M." wrote in message news:[email protected]...
No other way to say it, because it's been repeated ad nauseum -
Any business that can't afford $5/month for paid hosting should
not be called a business, but rather a hobby. Free hosting means
you're not really serious about conducting business.
That said, you need PHP, so get a paid hosting solution.

Yes, "free" usually means "ads", and unless they are clearly related to the
business, they should not be on the website. If you create websites for
others, you can use a single host and create as many sites as you wish, and
charge the customer accordingly. But it's really not expensive, and
represents only a small fraction of the cost to develop and maintain a
website.

When I see a business website that is hosted by another company (such as
Manta), the business loses some credibility. And even when business email
addresses are on AOL or Yahoo or Gmail, I lose some trust and respect.

Also be careful about posting employee contact information on an unsecured
public site. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information should be
kept in a database or file where access is password protected and/or limited
to authorized users.

Paul