File Input Problem, please help, specific to XP SP2

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Alon Zilkha, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. Alon Zilkha

    Alon Zilkha Guest

    Hi All,

    I just noticed a problem with Internet Explorer on Service Pack 2 of Windows
    XP and it is driving me insane!! I would greatly appreciate it if someone
    could help me out...

    I have a basic asp file (test.asp) with the following code:

    <%
    Response.Write(Request.Form("testalon"))
    %>

    <form name=yo method="post" action="test.asp">
    <input type=file name=testalon>
    <input type=button value=submit onclick="javascript:yo.submit();">
    </form>

    When I click on the submit button, I get the following Script Error:
    "Access is Denied"

    This does not happen with all previous versions of IE!!! (before Windows XP
    Service pack 2). Does anyone know how to get around this (perhaps a setting
    in IE) ? It will be difficult for me to switch all my code to text inputs
    rather than file inputs since they are used so frequently...

    Thanks,
    Alon

    Alon Zilkha, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Alon Zilkha

    Evertjan. Guest

    Alon Zilkha wrote on 29 sep 2004 in
    How can you upload a file if you have no serverside code to accept the
    file?

    The file wil not reside inside Request.Form("testalon")!

    XP and it's browser have nothing to do with it, that is all clientside.

    Evertjan., Sep 29, 2004

  3. Alon Zilkha

    Joker Guest

    Sounds like you should be posting this question in a JavaScript or
    Jscript newsgroup. Since this newsgroup is for server side code not the
    client side code that is giving the error.

    Joker, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Alon Zilkha

    Alon Zilkha Guest

    Hi Evertjan,

    I'm not trying to upload any file in the code. All I'm trying to do is take
    the path of the file from the input... I have verified that this code works
    in any internet explorer before Service Pack 2, and it is clientside - so
    maybe I should post to a Javascript newsgroup as Joker has already
    mentioned....

    Thanks for your help,
    Alon

    Alon Zilkha, Sep 29, 2004
  5. Alon Zilkha

    Joker Guest

    I think Evertjan was tired when he posted that. I still think you are
    in the wrong newsgroup for this problem since it is when a JavaScript
    function is called that you get the error.

    Joker, Sep 29, 2004
  6. Alon Zilkha

    Evertjan. Guest

    Alon Zilkha wrote on 29 sep 2004 in
    But that is what type=file is all about

    <input type=file name=testalon>

    Don't let us continue this OT thread.

    btw, Joker:
    I am not that tired at
    08:42:32 GMT = 10:42 local (24h clock) overhere.

    Evertjan., Sep 29, 2004