FileDownload Control ???

ComputerWeenie

I am using Visual Web Developer and using the FileUpload Control to upload
files to the web server just fine.

But, why do I not see a FileDownload Control? How can I allow users to
download files from the web server?

Phil H

I am using Visual Web Developer and using the FileUpload Control to upload
files to the web server just fine.

But, why do I not see a FileDownload Control? How can I allow users to
download files from the web server?

There is one. It's called a hyperlink (put the file path in the the
href or NavigateUrl attribute values).

Registered file types (e.g. jpeg, gif, pdf etc) will invoke browser
behaviours that display the file in a browser window but that can be
overriden by the user doing a right-click and selecting "save target
as".

HTH

ComputerWeenie

Phil,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Just one last question.... I have used the Hyperlink control and put the
file path in the the NavigateUrl. If I right click on the hyperlink it allows
me to File-Save.

But why does the Save As dialog not appear when just clicking on the
Hyperlink???