FileSystemObject question

Mo Bandy

Using FSO I want to copy a file from the web server to a mapped network
drive (Novell server) using a physical path. However I keep getting an error
(path not found). Can someone help please...thanks. Code summary below.

'get the Physical Path of file
MyFile = Server.MapPath("..\..\..\fileshare\FILENAME.INI")

Set FSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

'copy file to novell server
dim CopyDest
CopyDest = "f:\temp\" (also tried using:) CopyDest =
"\\servername\temp\"

fso.CopyFile MyFile,CopyDest

What am I missing? It's gotta be something simple.

Mo Bandy

I did that and it looked correct. So the code I used should work providing
the physical path returned is valid...yeah?

Dave Anderson

Mo Bandy said:
...Using FSO I want to copy a file from the web server to a mapped
network drive (Novell server) using a physical path...

...Set FSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Server.CreateObject suggests this is running as an ASP script. In that case,
the account IIS is running under must have the necessary privileges to
connect to that share. Mapping the drive in your Windows session is
insufficient, as it is a USER mapping.