find all unreferenced symbols, not by linker

Tzu-Chien Chiu

I know many linkers can remove unreferenced functions while linking
the object files, but I need a tool/script to list all unreferenced
symbols.

White Wolf

Tzu-Chien Chiu said:
I know many linkers can remove unreferenced functions while linking
the object files, but I need a tool/script to list all unreferenced
symbols.

This newsgroup is about the standard C++ language. You will need to look
around the documentation of your compiler/ide/compiler suite. In Unices the
nm tool does that, but it is not part of the ISO C++, so off topic here.