    computers is running as server - without knowing the IP on the other
    computers?

    - Brian

    Brian Odsgaard, Oct 29, 2008

  2. Brian Odsgaard

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    One idea:
    java.net.DatagramSocket and UDP broadcast

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Oct 29, 2008

  3. John B. Matthews, Oct 29, 2008
  4. Brian Odsgaard

    Roedy Green Guest

    I think you will need to learn to solve the problem for your
    particular OS in C++ and write some JNI.

    Roedy Green, Oct 29, 2008
  5. Thank you for expanding on this. I was thinking of the DNS based Service
    Discovery capability:

    Bonjour (a zeroconf implementation) uses multicast on UDP port 5353. I
    use it to find local print- and vnc-servers:

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_(software)>

    I'm told it can find games:

    Thank goodness!

    John B. Matthews, Oct 29, 2008
  6. Brian Odsgaard

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Why ?

    Other posters have already posted Java solutions.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Oct 29, 2008
  7. Hi again ...

    Thanks for all the suggestions - I'll have a look into them and hope to find
    what I'm looking for :)

    - Brian

    Brian Odsgaard, Oct 30, 2008