Finding exact date before specified months & weeks

dare ruby

Dear All,

Iam using ruby1.8.6 and rails 2.2.2

I have small issue when using Date functionality. My need is to find
date when months or weeks is given as input like,

When 3 months is given as input i need to calculate the exact date
before 3 months. Also when 2 weeks is given as input i need to calculate
the exact date before 2 weeks.

I have tried (Date.today - 3.months) but its not working could any one
plz help me out.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jose Martin

Rob Biedenharn

Dear All,

Iam using ruby1.8.6 and rails 2.2.2

I have small issue when using Date functionality. My need is to find
date when months or weeks is given as input like,

When 3 months is given as input i need to calculate the exact date
before 3 months. Also when 2 weeks is given as input i need to
calculate
the exact date before 2 weeks.

I have tried (Date.today - 3.months) but its not working could any one
plz help me out.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jose Martin

I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you need, but perhaps this
helps:

irb> require 'date'
=> true
irb> puts Date.today
2010-02-12
=> nil
irb> puts(Date.today << 3)
2009-11-12
=> nil
irb> puts(Date.today - 14)
2010-01-29
=> nil

-Rob

(e-mail address removed)

dare ruby

Thanks rob,

Exactly thats what i needed. It works fine in my application now. Thanks
a lot Mr.Rob.

regards,
Jose martin