Firefox ASP.NET 2.0 Client-Side Validation

Andre

Hi,

I have read at many place that .Net 2.0 was suppose to support
client-side validation in non-IE Browser. But i've try a very simple
validation, and firefox is unable to run it, it works only in IE.

Do i have to make something special to make it work or the problem is
still present in 2.0 ?

Thanks you

Jon Paal

so far, 2.0 client side validation in Firefox works for me...

nothing special required .

Jacky Kwok

Andre said:
Hi,

I have read at many place that .Net 2.0 was suppose to support
client-side validation in non-IE Browser. But i've try a very simple
validation, and firefox is unable to run it, it works only in IE.

Do i have to make something special to make it work or the problem is
still present in 2.0 ?

Thanks you

What version of FireFox you are using?

I use teh firefox1.5 , it is Ok to use client-side validation for
dotnet2 webapp.

However, for Dotnet1.x app (run in dotnet1.x aspnet system), it does not
use client-side validation in firefox.

In fact, for Dotnet1.x app, the problem is 1.x runtime does not consider
Firefox has the ability to handle high level web function (e.g. inline
style, etc). Hence, Dotnet1.x runtime will output html3.x code to non-IE
browser.

However, you can force the dotnet1.x runtime to output IE5 compatible
HTML by adding

"Page.ClientTarget="ie5";"
in "Page_Load" event.