FireFox compared to IE

Laser Lips

I have some code, which runs well in Firefox. By well I mean it works
without slowing down.

When I run this code in IE, it's MUCH much slower.

I have various snippets of code, which work WAY way faster in FireFox
than in IE.

The code is as simple as fading in and out a div on a roll over. If
there is more than one div fading at the same time, IE will struggle
to keep it all fading smoothly and slows right down, where as FireFox
will fade each one as if it's the only div fading.

What to do in such situations?
Please leave cocky comments inside your head.
Graham

Erwin Moller

I have some code, which runs well in Firefox. By well I mean it works
without slowing down.

When I run this code in IE, it's MUCH much slower.

I have various snippets of code, which work WAY way faster in FireFox
than in IE.

The code is as simple as fading in and out a div on a roll over. If
there is more than one div fading at the same time, IE will struggle
to keep it all fading smoothly and slows right down, where as FireFox
will fade each one as if it's the only div fading.

What to do in such situations?
Please leave cocky comments inside your head.
Graham

Hi Laserlips,

I expect most people want to see an examplepage.
Can you put an example up somewhere and post the url?

That way it is no guessinggame. :)

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <7cc5f787-cd1a-4e8e-ba32-52d8f937f399@p3
g2000vbv.googlegroups.com>, Wed, 13 Apr 2011 01:24:06, Laser Lips
I have various snippets of code, which work WAY way faster in FireFox
than in IE.

You need to say which versions of Firefox and IE, and which operating
system, as well as showing the code.