    other solutions to keep the site alive/active regularly (even a service that
    "visits" every 25 min or something)?

    Thanks for your insight!

    Cirene, Nov 13, 2007

  2. Cirene

    derhamfamily Guest

    Maybe you should try the aspnet compiler before you deploy to your
    host.

    check it out here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229863(VS.80).aspx

    derhamfamily, Nov 13, 2007

  3. Cirene

    Cirene Guest

    But it's already compiled. I use Visual Studio.net 2005. (Sorry if I
    didn't explain that well.)

    My hosting company support stated "Please be sure that the compiled cached
    on server is a behavior of Microsoft ASP.NET, we can not change this kind of
    cache. The only thing we can do is keep the compiled application loaded on
    the cache, therefore a scheduled task can be help to keep the cache stay.
    Thank you."

    Make sense?

    Cirene, Nov 13, 2007
  4. Cirene

    codezilla94 Guest

    I had the same problem. The reason is that the application domain
    times out every 20 mins if there is no activity, the first request
    after the timeout can force a recompile and reload of cache. Changing
    some settings in the machine.config file will solve the problem;
    unfortunately for me my hosting provider would not allow me to make
    this change. I found this utility to be useful.

    http://www.spikesolutions.net/ViewSolution.aspx?ID=c2b7edc0-5de1-4064-a432-05f6eded3b82

    Essentially it "Pings" my home page every few mins so the application
    domain does not time out. The utility can also be configured to ping
    more than one page so that auxiliary pages are fast too.

    codezilla94, Nov 22, 2007
  5. Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], Nov 22, 2007