fix margin for printing in html page

nikou_70

I have a html page, I want to user can print it, I don't know how I
can fix margin for page that user can print page without manipulate top
or left margins, now printing in each computer different from the other
and it depend to IE setup. How I can fix it?

Jonathan N. Little

I have a html page, I want to user can print it, I don't know how I
can fix margin for page that user can print page without manipulate top
or left margins, now printing in each computer different from the other
and it depend to IE setup. How I can fix it?

You cannot with HTML, that is a user setting. Only way I know of is via
something external like a java applet or Adobe pdf.

Sid Ismail

On 17 Jan 2006 14:21:46 -0800, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

: I have a html page, I want to user can print it, I don't know how I
: can fix margin for page that user can print page without manipulate top
: or left margins, now printing in each computer different from the other
: and it depend to IE setup. How I can fix it?

your best solution would be to make a PDF of it. Print with Acrobat
Reader - same layout on all sysetms now.

Sid

Travis Newbury

Sid said:
your best solution would be to make a PDF of it. Print with Acrobat
Reader - same layout on all sysetms now.

This assumes the user allows PDF. An additional plain html version
would probably be appropriate. God forbid you exclude someone...

Sid Ismail

On 18 Jan 2006 04:30:08 -0800, "Travis Newbury"

:
: This assumes the user allows PDF. An additional plain html version
: would probably be appropriate. God forbid you exclude someone...
:

Provide them with a link to the Acrobat Reader, and emphasize that it
is FREE. :)

Sid

Travis Newbury

Sid said:
: > your best solution would be to make a PDF of it. Print with Acrobat
: > Reader - same layout on all sysetms now.
: This assumes the user allows PDF. An additional plain html version
: would probably be appropriate. God forbid you exclude someone...
Provide them with a link to the Acrobat Reader, and emphasize that it
is FREE. :)

so is flash...

Sid Ismail

On 18 Jan 2006 10:31:24 -0800, "Travis Newbury"

: Sid Ismail wrote:
: > : > your best solution would be to make a PDF of it. Print with Acrobat
: > : > Reader - same layout on all sysetms now.
: > : This assumes the user allows PDF. An additional plain html version
: > : would probably be appropriate. God forbid you exclude someone...
: > Provide them with a link to the Acrobat Reader, and emphasize that it
: > is FREE. :)
:
: so is flash...

Used for marginating and print layouts?