focus on tablerow

Jan Eliasen

Hi

I am trying to get the browser to move to a specific place in an html
page when a link is clicked in an image map. When the image map is
clicked, a javascript function is called, which makes a row in a table
visible, and I would then like to move the page to this row, so the
user can see the row.

Take for instance a look at http://www.eliasen.dk/oio/da/Address.html

If you click on "AddressFormatCode" in the image map (number three
from the top), a row gets visible further down the page, where you can
not see it. But I need to make the row visible AND get the user down
to the row.

row.focus() doesn't seem to work :-(

Any thoughts?

--
eliasen, representing himself and not the company he works for.

Private blog: http://blog.eliasen.dk

Private email: (e-mail address removed)

scripts.contact

Hi

I am trying to get the browser to move to a specific place in an html
page when a link is clicked in an image map. When the image map is
clicked, a javascript function is called, which makes a row in a table
visible, and I would then like to move the page to this row, so the
user can see the row.

Take for instance a look athttp://www.eliasen.dk/oio/da/Address.html

If you click on "AddressFormatCode" in the image map (number three
from the top), a row gets visible further down the page, where you can
not see it. But I need to make the row visible AND get the user down
to the row.

row.focus() doesn't seem to work :-(

scrollIntoView method [ element.scrollIntoView(alignWithTop) ] :
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:element.scrollIntoView