FOP: upgrade from 0.20.5 to 0.95 - all texts moved upwards

dentaku

After I upgraded from FOP 0.20.5 to FOP 0.95, suddenly all texts in
the tables moved towards the top. With FOP 0.20.5, the text was
centered in a table cell that the CAPITAL letters were vertically
centered. With FOP 0.95 the text is centered in a table cell that the
LOWER CASE letters are vertically centered, i.e. the whole text moved
towards the top of the cell. I found a workaround by enclosing the
text in <fo:inline alignment-adjust="central"> :

<fo:inline alignment-adjust="central">
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</fo:inline>

but this seems to be an ugly workaround and probabyl a bad idea to
enclose EACH TEXT in such an fo:inline container ... is there some
general setting where I can revert FOP 0.95 back to the FOP 0.20.5
behaviour when displaying text in tables?