Form box menu - force the drop down menu

Krustov

If you double click on a empty form box a drop down menu will appear .

But if the form box has text content - then double clicking on the form
box has no effect and a drop down menu doesnt appear .

Or at least it doesnt in IE v7 .

A google search only really brought up the usual beginner type of form
tutorials .

onDblClick=whatever()

I assume i'm looking for a line like the above that i can add to the
<input> tag - or some other suitable piece of javascript to do the job .

naixn

Krustov wrote :
If you double click on a empty form box a drop down menu will appear .

But if the form box has text content - then double clicking on the form
box has no effect and a drop down menu doesnt appear .

Or at least it doesnt in IE v7 .

A google search only really brought up the usual beginner type of form
tutorials .

onDblClick=whatever()

I assume i'm looking for a line like the above that i can add to the
<input> tag - or some other suitable piece of javascript to do the job .

What you're talking about is the "auto-fill form" thingie managed by the
browser, and not javascript.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOM_Events#Common.2FW3C_events

The dblclick event does exists, so you can use it with
IE : elm.attachEvent('dblclick', my_function);
Real browser : elm.addEventListener('dblclick', my_function, false);

Krustov

<comp.lang.javascript>
<naixn>
<Tue, 05 Dec 2006 20:44:52 +0100>
What you're talking about is the "auto-fill form" thingie managed by the
browser, and not javascript.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOM_Events#Common.2FW3C_events

The dblclick event does exists, so you can use it with
IE : elm.attachEvent('dblclick', my_function);
Real browser : elm.addEventListener('dblclick', my_function, false);

Thanks for the info - but i'm still having trouble with it .

While i have reasonable php skills i havent got around to learning any
dblclick sort of stuff yet & in this particular case i really need code
i can just do a cut-n-paste of into the <input> tag for the double click
drop down menu to work/appear in IE .