    Seems nowadays better choices would be YAML, JSON or even Google
    protocol buffer?

    Which format your are using, and why?

    Roy M, Oct 23, 2008

  2. Roy M

    Ted Zlatanov Guest

    RM> We are using XMLRPC to communicate between servers (cross languages
    RM> with PHP and Java) for many years.

    RM> Seems nowadays better choices would be YAML, JSON or even Google
    RM> protocol buffer?

    RM> Which format your are using, and why?

    If XML-RPC works, keep using it. You can always switch to XML if you
    must.

    If you need to optimize for speed and your data changes rarely, Google
    protocol buffers are decent.

    Otherwise, JSON can handle almost anything I've thrown at it, as long as
    you're OK with its serialization rules and data types.

    Ted

    Ted Zlatanov, Oct 24, 2008