formatcurrency() places $ after number???

ljb

Does anyone know how to correct or why formatcurrency() places the dollar
sign after the number?

thanks
LJB

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Try changing the settings in the Regional Settings in the control panel and
applying those settings to the default profile. For example, on an XP Pro
machine:

Control Panel --- Regional and Language Options ---
Customize... --- Currency Tab ---
[change format for positive and negative currency] ---
OK out of dialog box to first dialog box ---
Advanced tab --- Apply all settings to the current user...

Ray at work

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

ljb said:
Does anyone know how to correct or why formatcurrency() places the dollar
sign after the number?

If you don't want that, then use FormatNumber() instead of FormatCurrency()

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

I'm assuming you may not have direct access to the control panel / regional
settings on the server.

If that is the case, just use:

Response.Write("$" & FormatNumber(49.99, 2))

ljb

Can the same be accomplished by Session.LCID = 1033? It didn't seem to have
any effect when I tried so I ended up using "$" & FormatNumber anyway.

LJB

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

Can the same be accomplished by Session.LCID = 1033?

That is not the only setting that controls it (as I believe you found out).
You're much better off manually formatting it the way you want, because you
can't rely on the server always having the same settings.