forms authentction against sql server 2000

Liming

Hi,

I'm using sql server 2000 on a remote machine and I have a login.aspx page
with a simple bare bone login control on the page for entering login
information.

I have a virtaul directory setup that points to the physical directory, and
when I access that login page from the virtual directory path say (
http://localhost/test/login.aspx) and entering username, passowrd, I get

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to
SQL Server)]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception,
Boolean breakConnection) +73510"

What's the problem? When I launch the same page from within Visual studio
(which lauches its build-in web server), entering my login informaiton,
bang, i get through just fine.

I checked the follwing

1. Using ASP.NET configuration tool in VS 2005, I created some new user
2. Uisng Enteprrise manager of sql 2000, I see the new users being created
in the remote db.
3. I enabled Named Pipes and TCP/IP on the remote sql server 2000
4. I'm able to login from the build in webserver.

below is my connection string

<connectionStrings>
<remove name="LocalSqlServer" />
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=NEMO;Initial
Catalog=TestDB;Integrated Security=false; User ID=test password=test;"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

What gives? Is there anything in the IIS 5.1 that I need to configure?

thanks.

Patrick.O.Ige

Are you using the same Connectionstring from the Visual Studio.
Try using Query Analyzer using the same login and see.
And " Integrated Security=false;"
is this not suppose to be set to true?
Patrick

Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hey Liming,
Did you find a solution to your problem? I'm not using 2005 for the particular server thats giving me problems, yet my error message relates to 2005.
I have followed all the standard checks that you followed as well, but I'm still stuck...
cheers,
mike