Forms Authentication not Redirecting

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeremy, Oct 19, 2007.

  1. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    I have a web app that contains forms authentication to protect
    subdirectory called "admin" by denying anonymous users. When I request
    a protected resource in the admin directory I am presented with a
    Windows logon dialog prompt instead of being redirected to the logon
    page. In the web.config it is setup as follows:

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms
    name="myCookie"
    protection="All"
    path="/"
    loginUrl="login.aspx"
    timeout="10" >
    </forms>
    </authentication>
    <system.web>

    <location path="admin">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?"/>
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    <configuration>

    If I change the <deny users="?"/> to <allow users="?"/> the Windows
    logon prompt goes away, but of course the resource us unprotected and
    it does not redirect to the login.aspx page. Its behaving as though I
    am using Windows authentication. Any ideas why is the Windows logon
    prompt is being displayed rather than simply redirecting to the
    login.aspx page?

    Jeremy, Oct 19, 2007

  2. Jeremy

    Jon Guest

    Hello mate,

    Have a look at IIS in the security tab, as it could be due to that.
    Also, search for impersonate in google. I had this problem once as it
    was that.

    HTH,

    Jon

    www.nantwichonline.com/pubs.aspx