Forms Authentication won't redirect to login page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Max Figueredo via .NET 247, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. I'm trying to set basic form authentication on a webapp. I allaccess restricted to authenticated users. After changing theWeb.config file in the app's root, I'm still not beingredirected to the login page, I can freely access anything. Notethat, although I have used forms auth. before, this is a newtest server.

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>

    <system.web>
    <compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />

    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name=".FORUM"
    loginUrl="login.aspx"
    protection="All"
    timeout="30"
    path="/"/>
    </authentication>

    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>

    <trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="false"traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true" />

    <sessionState
    mode="InProc"
    stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    sqlConnectionString="datasource=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
    cookieless="false"
    timeout="20"
    />

    <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8"responseEncoding="utf-8" />

    </system.web>

    <location path="Secure/">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    </configuration>

    Things that I have tried already include:
    - Reinstalling ASP.net
    - Creating a separate "Secure" subdirectory, with a separateweb.config restricting acces. Same result, I don't getredirected to the login page.
    - Accessing web app from different machines.

    I have the feeling that it has something to do with serverconfiguration / permissions, if someone could maybe point intothe right direction.

    Thanks !

    Max

    Max Figueredo via .NET 247, Sep 22, 2004