FormsAuthentication.Authenticate

Guest

FormsAuthentication.Authenticate(txtUser.Text, txtPassword.Text)

I understand that you pass the parameters into this method and they are
checked against the credentials in the config file. However, how would you
check these against details held in an xml file? Is there a way of telling
the <authentication> element to validate against records in a file, or is it
a case of me doing that in code?

Rohit Kukreti

You need toi add custom code for checking it agains the xml.
FormsAuthentication.Authenticate checks against the userlist found in
<credentials> tag.

Regards,
Rohit