formsauthentication with users in different domains

galbertse

I'm developing a asp.net 2.0 (vb) web site which uses
formsauthentication to active directory. The users who will access the
web site are from different domains. I manage to get the authentication
part working. On my second page I need to do a ldap query. For the
query to work, I need the domain value selected by the login users. Can
the domain value be passed on from the login/formsauthentication page?

Joe Kaplan

What if you query for the user in the global catalog (which represents the
whole forest) as a way to find the user and then once you locate them, use
the domain info from that query to get any additional information you can't
get from the GC.

It should also be possible to represent the user's name in a qualified
format such as domain\user so that you can just parse it out in the second
page and know which domain to query from there. Some of that depends on
your forms auth implementation.

Joe K.