Show Pages from two different Domains

bharath_r

Hi All,

I am faced with a strange situation. I need to show pages from two
different domains in a single web page. I have a activex control
embedded on a webpage. Now the requirement is that i need to show the
activex page as well as a CRM Web in a single window. Currently i'm
using frames for that, but i am facing a lot of problems with frames.
I need to get rid of that. Is there a way i can show two web pages
from two different domains in a single window? Any help is highly
appreciated.

Thanks
Bharath

Guest

Hi All,

I am faced with a strange situation. I need to show pages from two
different domains in a single web page. I have a activex control
embedded on a webpage. Now the requirement is that i need to show the
activex page as well as a CRM Web in a single window. Currently i'm
using frames for that, but i am facing a lot of problems with frames.
I need to get rid of that. Is there a way i can show two web pages
from two different domains in a single window? Any help is highly
appreciated.

Thanks
Bharath

Frames are the only way to show several web pages in one browser
window. What kind of problems do you have?

bharath_r

Frames are the only way to show several web pages in one browser
window. What kind of problems do you have?

The problem is that when i click on a tab in the CRM web page the page
opens in a new window.
I don't want that to happen. Also i need a way to be able to refresh
the CRM Web page.
I tried putting a button in the other frame and onclick i tried to
refresh, but i'm getting permission denied error in javascript.

Thanks
Bharath

Guest

The problem is that when i click on a tab in the CRM web page the page
opens in a new window.
I don't want that to happen. Also i need a way to be able to refresh
the CRM Web page.
I tried putting a button in the other frame and onclick i tried to
refresh, but i'm getting permission denied error in javascript.

Thanks
Bharath

How does this related to frames and your own webpage? If other site is
designed to open a new window on click then it cannot be modified from
your site (except the sitescraping ;)

Regarding refreshing, please try this example

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/
TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<head>
charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>iframe refresher</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
function refreshIframe(el) {
var f = document.getElementById(el)
var rsrc = f.src
f.src="about:blank"
f.src=rsrc
}
</script>
</head>

<iframe name="test" src="http://www.google.com.au/" width="200"
height="200" id="test"></iframe>

Hope this helps

bharath_r

How does this related to frames and your own webpage? If other site is
designed to open a new window on click then it cannot be modified from
your site (except the sitescraping ;)

Regarding refreshing, please try this example

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/
TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<head>
charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>iframe refresher</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
function refreshIframe(el) {
var f = document.getElementById(el)
var rsrc = f.src
f.src="about:blank"
f.src=rsrc}

</script>
</head>

<iframe name="test" src="http://www.google.com.au/" width="200"
height="200" id="test"></iframe>

Hope this helps

Many thanks for the reply Alexey,

The problem is that when i open the CRM Web in IE the tab clicks do
not pop up new window. But when i put it inside the frame i'm having
that problem.
The refresh code works great, the only thing is that if i search for
something in google.com.au and navigate to that page and i try to
refresh, it comes back to google.com.au.
I want to be able to refresh the page i'm currently in.

Thanks
Bharath

Guest

Many thanks for the reply Alexey,

The problem is that when i open the CRM Web in IE the tab clicks do
not pop up new window. But when i put it inside the frame i'm having
that problem.
The refresh code works great, the only thing is that if i search for
something in google.com.au and navigate to that page and i try to
refresh, it comes back to google.com.au.
I want to be able to refresh the page i'm currently in.

Thanks
Bharath

okay, I got it now. You can't do this because of a cross-frame
security. A frame running on one server is not able to access another
frame's document running on another server. Because of this you will
get the "permission denied" message. It's most likely you can't use
frames because of two reasons: popup and refresh. Maybe you have to
check if you can implement something using a sitescraping tricks.
Note, this is a matter of copyright.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sitescraping+asp.net