found bakups of code I never asked for ---

Anon

Terry Reedy

Anon said:

Hey everyone.

I was looking around my file system today when I stumbled ac ross
A -COMPLETE- bakup of every piece of python code I ever coded in the
folder...

C:\Documents and Settings\edit.edit\Local Settings\Temp\bak

Can someone tell me were the options are for turnin this bakup feature on
and off??

I have current Python build installed, ie 2.3.4 and also Pythonwin same
build..

I cannot remember selecting any option in the setup to bakup my code this
way, so I was wondering were the feature for it actualy is???

I probably would like to keep it, just in case of any file corruption
problems, but it would be ncie to no that I ALSO turn the feature of as
well.

You should/can run Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup periodically with
'clear temp files' checked. Will solve more problems than just this.

TJR

Roy Smith

Anon said:

Hey everyone.

I was looking around my file system today when I stumbled ac ross
A -COMPLETE- bakup of every piece of python code I ever coded in the
folder...

C:\Documents and Settings\edit.edit\Local Settings\Temp\bak

Can someone tell me were the options are for turnin this bakup feature on
and off??

Sure. Open up Internet Explorer, and type in "apple.com".

Anon

Anon

Roger Upole

From the Pythonwin editor, look under View->Options->editor.
The 'Backups' field lets you turn it off or change the backup directory.
Roger

Terry Reedy

"Anon" > : You should/can run Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup
periodically with
: 'clear temp files' checked. Will solve more problems than just this.
:
: TJR

So it's not a python functionality, but a windows one??

Many Windows programs to leave junk in the Temp directory. That is why
Disk Cleanup has the option to clean that directory. So changing the
behavior of PythonWin to your liking will not change anything else ;-) You
should also select Delete Temporary Internet Files. I suspect that too few
users of Outlook Express know that it copies download media files of at
least some types to a subdirectory of that directory and does *not* delete
that copy when one does 'delete all downloaded files'. I just check
everything in Disk Cleanup and have never had a problem. I also defragment
regularly.

Terry J.Reedy