found bakups of code I never asked for ---

Discussion in 'Python' started by Anon, Sep 9, 2004.

  1. Anon

    Anon Guest

    Anon, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Anon

    Terry Reedy Guest

    You should/can run Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup periodically with
    'clear temp files' checked. Will solve more problems than just this.

    TJR

    Terry Reedy, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Anon

    Roy Smith Guest

    Sure. Open up Internet Explorer, and type in "apple.com".

    Roy Smith, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Anon

    Anon Guest

    Anon, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Anon

    Anon Guest

    Anon, Sep 9, 2004
  6. Anon

    Roger Upole Guest

    From the Pythonwin editor, look under View->Options->editor.
    The 'Backups' field lets you turn it off or change the backup directory.
    Roger

    Roger Upole, Sep 9, 2004
  7. Anon

    Terry Reedy Guest

    "Anon" > : You should/can run Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup
    periodically with
    Many Windows programs to leave junk in the Temp directory. That is why
    Disk Cleanup has the option to clean that directory. So changing the
    behavior of PythonWin to your liking will not change anything else ;-) You
    should also select Delete Temporary Internet Files. I suspect that too few
    users of Outlook Express know that it copies download media files of at
    least some types to a subdirectory of that directory and does *not* delete
    that copy when one does 'delete all downloaded files'. I just check
    everything in Disk Cleanup and have never had a problem. I also defragment
    regularly.

    Terry J.Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Sep 10, 2004