Frame gets overriden by a page

Christoph Kukulies

How can I avoid that a site that I send to a frame (via target=...)
overrides the whole frameset and claims the whole window.
I want the site to appear in that frame and not grab the whole browser window.

You can see the effect when you go to
http://normalfilter.de and enter www.spiegel.de in the upper left
edit field in the left frame. (Don't click on www.spiegel.de, that one
opens a whole new window)

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

How can I avoid that a site that I send to a frame (via target=...)
overrides the whole frameset and claims the whole window.

You can't.
I want the site to appear in that frame and not grab the whole
browser window.

If this is for a publically available page, you might have to get that
sites permission to create a derivative work based on their copyright.

If it is only for your own machine, or one that you control, and you
plan to use Internet Explorer, you can try looking into
HTML-applications. I believe they can prevent changes to the topmost
page's location.

/L